JOIN THE TEAM
PedalPower Kids is actively looking to grow our team.
If you are passionate about kids and bikes, we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking:
- Instructor – Coaches ASAP for all 2020 programming, specifically:
- Private Lesson Instructor/Coach – part-time (afternoons, weekends)
- Assistant Coach for group classes and bike clubs – part-time (afternoons, weekends)
- Balance Bike Playdate leaders – part-time (weekdays)
Contact Rachel email@example.com for more details.
Current Job Listings
PedalPower Kids’ mission is to build confident kids on bikes, and beyond! We’re an inclusive environment and our motto is that you CAN ride with us! The camp group environment fosters the ability to learn quickly and push beyond comfort zones while feeling safe, supported, and encouraged. “Daring greatly is being scared and doing it anyway.”
We believe that confidence and proficiency develop in tandem when kids feel safe, encouraged, and motivated by the PedalPower Kids counselor team. When our camp counselors provide consistent instruction, firm expectations, enthusiastic praise, and silly, lighthearted warmth, our campers blossom!
Reporting to the Camp Director and Head Counselor, you will be responsible for the safety, enjoyment and development of every camper, first and foremost.
Extensive training on our coaching and instructional methodologies will be provided. We’re looking for counselors with a big appetite to learn, motivate kids, build confidence and skills- and have the best summer yet!
- Exemplifies our Core Values: ENERGY. ENTHUSIASM. EMPATHY. EXCELLENCE.
- Eager to learn, self-starter, and mature
- Experience with kids (required) and bikes (desired)
- At least 16 (14, 15-year-olds with work permit)
- Available for at least 4 weeks of summer camp- see PPK summer schedule under camps
- Reliable transportation to and from camp each day
- Physical requirements- able to lift 30 pounds comfortably, run and ride with program participants, work in extreme summer weather conditions
APPLICATION AND HIRING PROCESS
Please complete the application below. After reviewing, we will reach out to candidates to schedule a class observation time (review our current class schedule). This “on the job” interview helps us get to know each other and the position. Following the class observation and possible follow up a phone interview, selected candidates will receive an offer letter and onboarding documents. New employees must complete required onboarding paperwork, scheduling, training, and any certification requirements prior to June 1. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org